Timbr features a unique Views Manager for convenient creation, virtualization, management and sharing of views of the knowledge graph and of multiple data sources, so data engineers can accelerate workflows to enable data consumption by business intelligence and data science tools.
DB Views are saved SQL queries (or set of queries) used to create virtual tables. Views do not hold any data and do not exist physically in the database. Users can query views just as they would in a persistent database collection object. Changes applied to the data in a relevant underlying table are reflected in the data shown in subsequent invocations of the view. In some NoSQL databases, views are the only way to query data.
Timbr Knowledge Graph Views & Views Manager
Timbr is the ultimate linking engine for enterprise data management as it can generate unified views of heterogeneous and initially unconnected data sources. Timbr’s semantic graph features that deliver advanced analytics can be conveniently leveraged into complex views to enhance the capabilities of BI tools and to feed ML algorithms.
More than just the ability to conveniently create views, Timbr Views Manager offers the unique advantage to create views that are linked to the knowledge graph to take advantage of semantic relationships, hierarchies, and classifications from multiple data sources.
Data enablers can create ad-hoc views of the data without duplication and tailored to the user’s security privileges, technical ability and needs. Data consumers are freed from dealing with the cumbersome discovery of data, how to get it and the effect of changes on that data for others.
Timbr Views Manager is powered by semantic SQL queries (no Joins/no Unions required) so data engineers can accelerate workflows to enable data consumption with fast time to value.
The knowledge graph views are a great way to work with data ad-hoc, so instead of having to change the knowledge graph data model to reflect minor changes or perhaps to analyze a new dataset, users can create or import their existing views to the knowledge graph and get insights fast.
The Views Manager enables data consumers to easily access and manage the various views and benefit from Timbr’s data lineage capabilities.
Timbr Views features:
- Data enablers can represent a subset of the data mapped to the knowledge graph and limit the degree of exposure of the underlying tables for user permission purposes.
- Virtualization from multiple and heterogeneous data sources mapped to the knowledge graph.
- Model aggregated tables from multiple sources, where the database engine aggregates data (sum, average, etc.) and presents the calculated results as part of the data.
- Simple to consume and share views of the knowledge graph that encapsulate relationships and graph features.
- Creation and consumption with standard SQL that automatically translates to the underlying/connected database SQL dialect.
Timbr Views Manager features:
- Importing of database views into Timbr for consolidated management and exposure to users.
- Single management of views from multiple sources.
- Governed access (in combination with Timbr access control).
- Free text search of views.
- Easy maintenance.
- Reusability/adaptability for multiple users/use cases.
Contact us to learn more about how you too can simplify data consumption with Timbr.
How do you make your data smart?
timbr virtually transforms existing databases into semantic SQL knowledge graphs with inference and graph capabilities, so data consumers can deliver fast answers and unique insights with minimum effort.