Delta Lake combines the reliability, performance and governance of data warehouses with the openness and flexibility of data lakes. Its data ingestion and preparation flow organizes data in three zones:
- Bronze zone – keeps the raw data coming directly from the ingesting sources
- Silver zone – keeps clean, filtered and augmented data
- Gold zone – keeps the business value data
So, Delta Lake optimizes data ingestion and preparation up to the Silver zone but then, how easy is it to actually consume the data in the Gold zone? How can users conveniently explore, discover and harmonize data from amongst thousands of columns originating from a variety of sources? How difficult and how long does it take to create SQL queries that require many JOIN and UNION statements?
Well, with Timbr the data enablement and data consumption tasks from Delta Lake are greatly simplified.
Timbr creates a Semantic Gold layer in Delta Lake that provides users with unique capabilities that unlock the potential of the data and accelerate their journey to become truly data-driven:
- Business modeling to represent and harmonize data.
- Relationships enabled by the business model.
- SQL queries up to 90% shorter, simpler, that make use of the business model to eliminate JOINS and UNIONS.
- Data discovery and agility.
- Data exploration as a graph to discover hidden relationships in the data.
- 3-tier cache engine to optimize performance and storage costs.
Contact us to learn how Timbr can empower your Delta Lake with a Semantic Gold layer, shorten time to value and enable you to make strategic use of data.